Take technology breaks: constantly being connected can leave you frazzled & stressed out.
1. Enjoy the outdoors: Exposure yourself to nature and breathe fresh air. Even ten minutes may reduce stress, anxiety and fatigue.
2. Get active: Release those endorphins with movement, stretches, walks and laughter.
3. Make Time For You: Take a minimum of 10-15 minutes each day to do something just for you.
4. Connect with people you love on a regular basis!!!!
5. Get plenty of sleep: Rest will keep you more focused, less anxious and will boost your immune system.
6. Be Grateful: Think about those people and things in your life that bring you joy.
7. Consider journaling: Keeping a journal may help you process your thoughts and feelings and bring you relief. Journaling allows you the opportunity to revisit issues at another time.
8. Dance, Wiggle & Giggle:
While most seniors face major adjustments when transitioning to an elder-care community, Jewish seniors face additional challenges. Not only do they lose their homes, and many of their friends, but they also lose ties to their cultural heritage. This is where the Jewish Pavilion, a 501c3 non-profit, steps in. The Pavilion serves as a resource that provides room visits, festive holiday celebrations, and more to 450 Jewish residents in fifty facilities for seniors. The Jewish Pavilion promotes inclusion, and thousands of seniors of all faiths are welcomed into our programs. www.JewishPavilion.org
The Orlando Senior Help Desk (407-678-9363) helps thousands of callers navigate their way through the daunting senior maze, alleviating caregiver stress while giving advice on all types of elder issues. www.OrlandoSeniorHelpDesk.org