Rehabilitation centers provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech pathologist. Rehabilitation strives to return the patient to their previous condition. If at all possible, you should visit a few potential rehabilitation facilities to choose the right one for your loved one. You should expect the facility to be clean and orderly, and for the staff and the therapists to be upbeat, patient and encouraging.
Equipment available for therapy:
- Parallel bars for standing/gait training
- High/low mat for bed mobility, functional transfers and static/dynamic sitting balance
- Availability of ADL (Activities of Daily Living) treatment areas, with devices to assess how close your loved one is to maximizing independence (kitchenette to address home management skills such as cooking, cleaning, problem-solving, or bedroom to practice bed mobility, etc.)
- Vital Stim for treating dysphagia
- Exercise bike
- Cuff weights
- Therapy bands
- Electrical stimulation
- Moist heat
And ask to see programming and services offered for basic and special needs, including:
- Falls and balance
- Seating and positioning
- Low vision
- Pain management
- Dysphagia (Availability of mobile swallow study if needed)
- Short stay return to home program
Contact Us For More info!
When you need advice on senior services, senior living options, home health services, elder law, hospice, adult day care and more, please call us. Orlando Senior Help Desk is here to help you navigate the senior maze.
407-678-9363 for more information.