Senior Move Management
Senior Move Managers assist older adults with relocating and /or aging in place. Senior Move Managers can help you adjust the existing home to meet changing needs or help you relocate to a new home. The following is a list of services:
- Developing a comprehensive move or “age in place” plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Customizing floor plans
- Arranging for the disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Helping choose a real estate professional to sell or manage a rental property
- Arranging for movers, shipments, and storage
- Supervise or perform professional packing, unpacking, and setting up the new home
- Other services, such as cleaning, removing unwanted items, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selecting a realtor, and helping prepare the home to be sold
Consider asking some questions before contracting with a senior move manager such as:
- How long have you been providing services?
- Have you enrolled in any formal training programs?
- Do you have liability insurance and workers’ compensation?
- Will you provide a written contract and include a breakdown of the fees?
- Can you provide references?
- Will you be the person I am working directly with, or will you be sub-contracting the work?
Contact Us For More info!
When you need advice on senior services, senior living options, home health services, elder law, hospice, adult day care and more, please call us. Orlando Senior Help Desk is here to help you navigate the senior maze.
407-678-9363 for more information.